CBD or Cannabidiol is one of the best known components of the Cannabis Sativa L. plant, together with THC, the psychoactive molecule and duly regulated in Spain with levels below 0.2%. This regulation allows products derived from Hemp, whose cultivation is also regulated, to have the full spectrum of plant phytocannabinoids such as CBG or Cannabigerol and, therefore, to be better absorbed by our body, so that efficiency of the product at a calming and relaxing level increases, without any risk of noticing the ‘high’ or ‘high effect’ related to Tetrahydrocannabidiol.
This effect is known as the ‘entourage’ effect, given the joint action of various cannabinoids and natural plant molecules, such as terpenes.
The limitation to one of the hundreds of cannabinoids that the plant has also limits the effectiveness of the plant, given the complexity of the endocannabinoid system of each individual. In fact, the combination of terpenes with cannabinoids, in the opinion of several experts, enhances the effectiveness of the plant and is where the weight of medical cannabis will reside in the near future, as published by Dr. Ethan Russo, from the University of Massachusetts, in their 2011 trial on phytocannabinoid-terpene synergy (Russo, EB (2011). Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. British journal of pharmacology, 163 (7) , 1344-1364).
This trial is considered one of the leading studies on the subject, but we share below a compilation of various studies with scientific, objective and valuable data on the applications of CBD and CBG as non-psychoactive, legal and 100% safe cannabinoids from the plant:
Studies and bibliography on Cannabinoids
– Study of synergistic effects between phytocannabinoids by Ethan Russo (2011): https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x
– Antibacterial Effects Study (SARM) (2008): http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/id-mi/mrsa-eng.php
– Study of beneficial effects in neurodegenerative diseases (2011): https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01277.x
– Study of anti-inflammatory effects for the relief of rheumatoid arthritis (2014): https://academic.oup.com/rheumatology/article/53/5/802/1798167
– Study of anti-inflammatory properties at the intestinal level such as ulcerative colitis (2018): https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006295213000543
– Studies related to appetite stimulation (2017): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28125508; y (2016): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27503475
– Study related to its neuroprotective properties (2015): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25252936
– Study related to the delay in the progression of colon cancer in mice (2015): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25269802
– Study of beneficial properties for the treatment of glaucoma (2009): https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jop.1990.6.259
– Study of antioxidant and neuroprotective properties (1998): https://patents.google.com/patent/US6630507
– Study of regulatory effects of keratinocytes as relief for psoriasis symptoms (1998): https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306362397004199
– Entourage Effect Study (1998): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9721036